[McKee After Three]
Students from McKee High School, both male and female, from 14 to 18 years old, like the benefits of the after school program. Students can enhance academic achievements and graduate on-time. Students will be involved with after-school activities that will also enhance their social skills...
“I like the program because you get to do a lot of stuff. The staff helps you to do better and they are fun. The activities are fun and it is a nice way to meet new people.” - an after school student
Benefits of participation
Students may attend numerous after-school programs, such as:
1. Student leadership team – student representatives from Advantage Program will participate in department academic and guidance meetings and help implement school rules and activities.
2. Zumba fitness – through a fun–filled fitness program students will learn the benefits of keeping fit and live a healthy life style.
3. Pregnancy prevention and health awareness – students will be taught by facilitates with DOE curriculum and will help spread awareness with campaign activities throughout the school.
4. Learning center – academic support is available for all students self-referred, referred by a parent or teacher for tutoring and test help.
5. Gym – students will play 3 on 3 basketball 5 days a week from the hours of 3pm to 5pm.
Recruitment and enrollment process and schedule
Students bring their letters home to their families. The school posts flyers around the school, distributes school announcements and word of mouth.
Students and parents complete a survey and consent form-, and discuss their In-take with the staff.