Join the Stage Nature Center and the Troy Historic Village for 2017 Maple Syrup Time. There are two more events coming up today (March 11) and next Saturday (March 18).
Click here for more information on this year's event.
Mary Ellyn and I volunteered during the first weekend. Here are some of our photos below from 3/4/17.
City staff has posted the video recording of the 2/21/17 Troy Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) meeting to YouTube. At the bottom of this post is the video. (The meeting actually starts shortly after the 35 second mark of the video.)
Click here to download the entire Agenda Packet from the February 21st meeting.
There was only one item on the agenda:
- A variance for 340 Booth (to enlarge the attached garage). The ZBA voted unanimously to approve the variance.
Also, welcome to our newest ZBA member, Padma Kuppa! She serves as the Planning Commission's liaison. 3/19/17 UPDATE:
I forgot to mention our other new member who was appointed as an alternate. Welcome Travis Mihelick!
As previously posted, I applied to be a 2017 Fitness Ambassador for the Michigan Fitness Foundation.
I received the response below on 12/31/16 via email.
On behalf of the Michigan Fitness Foundation, we would like to thank you for demonstrating your commitment to promoting health and wellness in Michigan. With a record amount of outstanding applicants this year, our decision making process was not easy. Considering the few spots we had available, we were unable to add you to our team of 2017 Fitness Ambassadors. However, we do recognize and admire your passion for physical fitness and health and sincerely hope to work with you to create a healthier Michigan in the future. Thank you so much for applying to our Fitness Ambassador program.
Best wishes and warmest regards in the coming year,
I guess 2017 isn't my year to be a Fitness Ambassador.
The City of Troy
is asking for comments or suggestions for the new Big Beaver Shuttle
. After taking a "test" ride on 12/23/16, here are my suggestions:
- As soon as possible, have the red line shuttle stop at the Troy Marriott
- Eliminate any stops on Big Beaver unless there's a shelter or if it's at an off-street location (office building, restaurant, etc.)
- Phase out the small buses and acquire more of the traditional trolleys
- As soon as possible, roll-out a mobile app so that riders can see where the shuttle buses are located