Sadly, there's no travel in the horizon for me this year. But not traveling does mean I have plenty of time to wander through cyberspace, reading, listening, and watching others on their journeys throughout the world.
Such is the case with TBEX 12
, billed as 'the world's largest gathering travel bloggers, writers, and new media content creators'
. I may not be there physically but I'm there virtually, chasing around the internet, tracking down posts about the conference.
Thanks to Travelllll.com,
who are providing video coverage, a chatroom, and streaming updates, I've just been watching Rand Fishkin's informative talk on SEO Without Selling Your Soul
and also slide presentation
Rand talks about how 'branding is key', even for travel bloggers and that you need to start thinking of your travel blog as a brand.
This TBEX presentation led me to Rand Fishkin's SEOMOZ
website and his extremely detailed SEO 101 for Travel Bloggers
, a must read for anyone serious about travel blogging.
VisitEngland.com is searching for a budding travel writer / broadcaster / social networker to take an all-expenses paid 70 day trip around England.
The chosen 'biggest fan' will take a trip around England in a van, following on the heels of the Olympic Torch Relay
Requirements for the position are simple - you have to be a real England enthusiast who would be able to entertain England with videos, photos, blog posts, facebook and twitter updates.
According to the enjoyEngland website
, the perfect fan is...
- is a go-getter who instinctively knows where the action is, and uncovers the best stories
- can write like a dream. All the better to blog with…
- has an mean eye for photography
- is charismatic, with a great sense of humour when things don’t go to plan…
- is utterly engaged with the task, and engaging by nature
- has a full, clean UK driving licence
- is over 21 years of age
- is available for adventures countrywide between 14 May – 27 July
All you need to do is send VisitEngland
100 words on your favorite place in England along with a photograph by April 9th.