Hi Crafty Friends,
It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Joanne Grzelak our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.
This week we are going to make a card for our holiday stash. You can make a Christmas card, a New Year’s card, or a winter card…..whichever you think you need the most for your stash.
As you can see, I decided to make another Christmas card for our challenge this week. I used the Sleigh Pop-Up die set from Karen Burniston which gives you the option of making a normal style pop up card where you have the card at 90 degrees or a pop stand (flat) style where you have the card at 180 degrees. I went for the second option for this card.
To decorate my card I used Riley and Company's Dress Up Riley; Dress Up Riley Christmas Outfits and Tucker the Dog.
On both edges of my card I added a snow border from the Nature Edges die set also from Karen Burniston. I covered the snow with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. I also added the North Pole Sign which is a stamp/die set from Hero Arts.
On the edge that is the front view of the card, I added the "Merry Christmas" from the Words Set 3 Holidays die set.
Here is another view of the inside of my card. "Santa" and the "Reindeer" are only seen from the front view of the card, not from the other side.
For the front of my card I added another border of snow from the Nature Edges die set.
I added the Paper Layering Wooden Door to the left side of the card and another sign to the door using the North Pole Sign Stamp/die set.
On the right hand side of the card I added another of the Dress Up Riley images, this time dressed as an elf.
Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs: Vicky GouldKelly McKown-Santi
Stamps: Dress Up Riley Red Rubber Basic Stamps; Dress Up Riley Christmas Outfits; Tucker the Dog - Riley and Company; North Pole Sign Stamp & Cut Set - Hero Arts
Paper: White; Red; Gold; Green; Pink; Aqua; Endearing Sentiments DP - Graphic 45; Shabby Chic DP - Kaisercraft
Dies: Sleigh Pop-up; Nature Edges; Word Set 3 Holidays - Karen Burniston; North Pole Sign; Paper Layering Wooden Door - Hero Arts; Dress Up Riley Christmas Outfits dies; Tucker the Dog - Riley and Company
Other: Black Ink; Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Black Glaze Pen; Glossy Accents; Foam Tape; Copics
Hi Crafty Friends,
It's time for our November Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team Designer challenge. Check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog today to see what our talented designers created for the challenge.
This month the challenge is …. Pop Up Cards using the General Pop-Ups die set. It is always fun to open up a card which reveals something popped up inside it and they are so easy to create when you have this die set which has so many different options for creating pop up cards, use just one die or combine multiple dies along the centre fold of your card to create fun Pop-Ups!
For today's challenge Elizabeth Craft Designs are giving away a $20 Gift Card to use on our website to 3 winners.
To enter simply leave a comment on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Challenge post and tell us "What Elizabeth Craft Designs dies or stamp sets would you use with the General Pop Ups die set if you were making a Pop Up Card?”
We will select 3 lucky winners in a random drawing
For my card today I used Becky Seddon's Stylish Snowman & Christmas Tree die sets along with the General Pop-ups die set to create my pop-up card.
Here is how I created my card:
Step 1 -
- Using the Stylish Snowman die set die cut the following:
- (1) Snowman Body (large, medium and small circles) from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Snowman Hat from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Snowman Nose from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Pair of Snowman Arms from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Scarf (three pieces from White Soft Finish Cardstock
- (1) Set Buttons from Black Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back
- (1) Set Eyes from Black Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back
- (1) Mouth from Black Cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape on the back
- Sponge around all three circles lightly with blue ink
- Color the hat, nose, scarf and arms
- Assemble Snowman referring to photo above for placement. (Note the position of the arms so that a tree can be placed in them later).
Step 2 -
- Using the Solid dies from the Christmas Tree die set and Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock die cut enough branches to create three trees. Note: the large tree contains all 5 branches; the middle sized tree the 4 smaller branches and the small tree has 2 of the smallest branches.
- Sponge around the top of the tree branches using Forest Moss Distress Ink.
- Die cut three tree trunks (note you may need to hand cut a longer trunk for the longer tree.
- Assemble trees
- Apply glue to the bottom edges of the branches and cover with White Silk Microfine Glitter. (Note I did this after I had attached my trees to my pop up card, but it is easier to do this step first.
Step 3 -
- Cut a piece of patterned paper from the ModaScrap It's Christmas Time 12 x 12 Patterned Paper Pack so it measures 5 1/2 inches x 12 inches.
- Score along the 12 inch side at 6 inches and fold.
- Open up the patterned paper and position the pop up dies (see photo above) so that the centre nubs of the die are positioned on the centre fold of the card. Note: I assembled my snowman and trees before die cutting the pop up dies, so that I could use them to work out the positioning of each piece.
- Die cut the paper, remove the pop up dies and train the cut pieces to create pop up panels in the card.
- Cut a piece of Olive Twist Soft Finish Cardstock to 5 1/2 inches x 12 inches.
- Score and fold along the 12 inch side at 6 inches.
- Adhere the pop up patterned paper piece to the inside of the Olive Twist card, being careful not to place any adhesive near the pop up panels.
Step 4 -
- Adhere the large tree to the centre pop up, the smaller tree to the pop up on the right and the snowman to the pop up on the left. Note: Make sure that when you are positioning the snowman that none of the parts are visible when the card is closed either along the left edge or the bottom of the card.
- Trim any of the tree branches on the right pop up if they are hanging over the edge of the card.
- Adhere the smallest tree to the snowman's arms using foam tape.
Step 5 -
- Using one of the speech bubbles from the Speech Bubbles Edgy Options die set, die cut from aqua cardstock.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set to the speech bubble using black ink.
- Using white ink stamp the snowflakes which are also from the Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp Set randomly around the speech bubble.
- Adhere the speech bubble to the top edge of the card using foam tape. Trim off an overhanging parts of the speech bubble.
Step 6 -
- Cut a piece of Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock so it measures 2 inches x 5 /12 inches. Place the scallop edge from the Valentine Edges die set to the top part of the card and die cut.
- Adhere panel to bottom edge of card.
Step 7 -
- Using the small oval die from the Entwined Ovals die set die cut one from aqua cardstock and one from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere the white centre panel to the centre of the base of the card and then add the aqua from from the other die cut.
- Stamp sentiment from Winter Sentiments Clear Stamp set to centre of white panel using black ink.
- Add Transparent/Silver Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers to each of the circle parts of the Entwined Oval frame.
Step 8 -
- Cut a piece of patterned paper so it measure 4 inches x 5 1/2 inches.
- Die cut two borders using the scallop border from the Valentine Edges die set from Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere the scallop borders to the top and bottom edge of the pattern paper.
- Adhere panel to card so it is centred.
Step 9 -
- Cut a piece of red cardstock so it measures 2 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Edge this piece with a thin border using Brick Red Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere panel to centre of card using foam tape.
- Using A Way with Words - Merry Christmas die cut twice from dark green cardstock. Layer one onto the other to give a bit more depth to the sentiment.
- Adhere sentiment to centre of red panel.
Step 10 -
- Create two trees using the Christmas Tree die set (trees both use the two smallest solid branches and tree trunk dies).
- Assemble trees. Apply glue to lower parts of branches and cover with White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Adhere trees to card referring to photo above for placement using foam tape.
I hope you enjoyed my project today. Don't forget to check out the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog to see all the wonderful creations by our talented designers and for a change to win the giveaway. Other:
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
White Pigment Ink
Forest Moss Distress Ink
Black Glaze Pen
White Gel Pen
Hi Crafty Friends,
Today I have another Christmas card to share with you. All week I will be sharing something Christmas related ... this is day 2.
Today I am sharing a Christmas card I created using the Charm Accordion die set from Karen Burniston.
I used the Little Santa Agenda; Little Reindeer Agenda and Puffy Holiday Greetings stamp sets from Mama Elephant to decorate my card.
For the square panels, I cut these from white cardstock, sponged on Broken China Distress Oxide ink and spritzed with water. I then added a snow bank created by using the snow border from the Nature Edges die set. Once Santa and a reindeer was added I added some white Nuvo Drops.
The tree charm in the centre is from the Winter Charms die set and I added some red Nuvo Drops to the tree.
Here is a look at the front of the card when it is closed ready to be placed in an envelope.
Stamps: Little Santa Agenda; Little Reindeer Agenda; Puffy Holiday Greetings - Mama Elephant
Paper: White; Red; DP - Close to My Heart
Dies: Charm Accordion; Nature Edges; Winter Charms - Karen Burniston
Other: Black Ink; Red Ink; Broken China Distress Oxide; Nuvo Drops (White; Red); Black Glaze Pen; Foam Tape; Copics
Hi Crafty Friends,
I have another Christmas card to share with you all today. This one uses one of the add on sets from the Hero Arts October My Monthly Hero kits ... just love these naughty elves!!!!!
I decided to create a shaker card using the MFT Stamps Stitched Triple Peek-A-Boo Window and Edge die set.
For the red diagonal stripes I used a large 6 x 6 background stamp from Simon Says Stamp, I just got this one recently and I need MORE!!! I had a thin stripe of the background left after cutting my panel so it would fit on the front and inside of the card, so decided to also add a bit to the left hand side of the card too.
For the inside of my card I added another stripe of diagonal stripes to the right hand side of the card and a few of the sentiments from the Naughty Elves stamp set. I also added another image from the set. I think at this time of year, elves are busy working hard not sleeping on the job haha!
Stamps: Naughty Elves - Hero Arts; Diagonal Stripes Simon Says Stamp
Dies: Stitched Triple Peek-A-Boo Window & Edge - MFT Stamps
Other: Black Ink; Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink; Twisted Citron Distress Oxide; Acetate; Sequins; Seed Beads; Scan N Cut; Foam Tape; Copics
Ahoy there Crafty Friends!
Today I am sharing a few more new die sets released by Karen Burniston this month. Karen Burniston has released 5 new die sets and I am sharing three of the sets on this card.
First up I have created an accordion card using the Charm Accordion die set. I die cut the main accordion die 1 1/2 times so I could have 3 pages to my accordion card. I also die cut some patterned paper that had stripes two going up and down and the other going across to give the pages a slightly different look.
To decorate the card I used the new Cat & Dog die set which includes a dies for the cat and dog and also some accessories to go with it. Karen has also released a fun Tiny Accessories 1 die set which includes some accessories to dress up the characters as pirates, glasses, hats etc. I couldn't resist using the pirate accessories to dress up my cat and dog images for this card.
Of course I had to add a pirate themed sentiment to my card in the centre page.
For the charms on this card I converted the bone and fish from the Cat and Dog die set into a charm by using the hanging hole from the star which is included in the Charm Accordion Die set. I sandwiched two of each image between the hanger and then covered the images with gold glitter so they looked a little bit like treasure.
Along the bottom of the inside of the card I added the words HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU which is from the Word Set 2 - Birthday die set. I added this to a strip of white card and cut the ends in a slant.
To finish off the inside I added gold glittered stars on either side of the sentiments.
For the front of the card I added a sentiment from the new Word Set 4 - Just Because die set.
As well as adding a couple of stars (from the Charm Accordion die set), I also added some Nuvo Drops in black and gold around the front of the card.
Here is another look at the front of my card when it is folded flat ready to be placed in an envelope.
Stamps: Ahoy Matey - Lawn Fawn
Paper: White; Red; Fright Night DP - Graphic 45
Dies: Charm Accordion; Cat and Dog; Accessories 1; Word Set 2 Birthday; Word Set 4 Just Because - Karen Burniston
Other: Black Ink; Nuvo Drops - Ebony Black & Bright Gold; Desert Gold Silk Microfine Glitter; Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape; Foam Tape; Copics
More Recent Articles