News From Iran ....
In a statement, FIDH & OMCT demanded from regime to stop harassing and imprisoning the Iranian human rights lawyers.
According to news , Masoud Shamsnejad ( lawyer) , Mehdi Houshmand Rahimi ( lawyer ) and Farhad Mohammadi ( lawyer ) are the human rights lawyer who were arrested / detained or harassed recently by regime security agents.
Mr. Masoud Shamsnejad is a university professor and defence lawyer of several Kurdish political prisoners.
On Feb. 10, 2019 branch number 3 of the court of revolution has sentenced him to six years imprisonment. He is arrested on Jan. 8 in the city of Orumieh . The security agents searched his office and home and took away his files and materials.
Mr. Farhad Mohammadi is a Kurdish lawyer and is arrested in the city of Sanandaj . He is also an environmental advocate.
Mr. Mehdi Houshmand Rahimi is sentenced to two years imprisonment by the court of revolution in the city of Arak . Mr. Rahimi later by another court was sentenced to five years imprisonment.
The statement demanded those arrested immediately and unconditionally be released.
Maurice Capithorne The Special reporter of UN to Iran between 1995-2002 has passed away .......Condolence to his wife Tama and his son Asa While working on human rights issues in Iran with human rights organizations several years ago, i had the privilege working with Mr. Capithorne and had invited him to Toronto to speak with the Iranian community about his experience. fortunately he spoke two times to the Iranian community here in Toronto and informed us about his experience while as UN reporter.
I just called and spoke with Asa his son and expressed our condolence to him and his mother Tama .
Great man ........
but consider checking the search results below to see whether the topic is
- Special Rapporteur on Human Rights in Iran (section
- Maurice Copithorne (1995-2002))
of Andrés Aguilar (1984-1986), Reynaldo Galindo Pohl (1986-1995),
- Maurice Copithorne (1995-2002), Ahmed Shaheed (2011-2016), and
- Asma Jilani Jahangir (2016-2018)
7 KB (654 words) - 01:29, 18 November 2018
- Reynaldo Galindo Pohl
Iran from 1986 to 1995 — after Andres Aguilar (1984-1986) and
- before Maurice Copithorne (1995-2002). De Greiff & Mayer-Rieckh
- 2007, p. 91. Schabas 2002, p
3 KB (191 words) - 01:30, 19 November 2018
- Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong and Macao
1994-1997 John P. Higginbotham 1989-1994 Anne Marie Doyle
- 1986-1989 Maurice Copithorne 1983-1986 U.S. Consulate
- General, Hong Kong British Consulate-General
6 KB (530 words) - 13:09, 2 August 2018
- List of ambassadors of Canada to Austria
1973 John Alan Beesley 1973 1976 Thomas Lemesurier
- Carter 1976 1979 Maurice Copithorne 1979 1982 Alan
- William Sullivan 1982 1985 Michael Shenstone 1985 1990
2 KB (50 words) - 17:32, 21 March 2018
- Ahmed Shaheed
office 17 June 2011 – 1 November 2016Preceded by
- Vacant (last held by Maurice Copithorne)Succeeded
- by Asma JahangirMinister for Foreign Affairs of MaldivesIn
30 KB (2,836 words) - 17:45, 15 February 2019
- Persecution of Bahá'ís
Iran, Professor Galindo Pohl, Canadian Jurist and UBC Law
- Professor, Maurice Copithorne, and the Special Rapporteur
- on Religious Intolerance, Professor Abdu'l
106 KB (12,468 words) - 10:39, 22 January 2019
- Statements about the persecution of Bahá'ís
Iran, Professor Galindo Pohl, Canadian Jurist and
- UBC Law Professor, Maurice Copithorne, and the
- Special Rapporteur on Religious Intolerance, Professor Abdu'l
47 KB (5,034 words) - 18:27, 9 December 2018
- List of Canadian diplomats
Cook, Kenneth Murray Cooper, James Edward Cooper,
- Percy Stewart Copithorne, Maurice D. Cornett, Donald
- Macalister Cosgrave, Col. Lawrence Moore Côté
42 KB (2,628 words) - 15:12, 15 January 2019
- Ahmad Moftizadeh
in the Kurdish Regions". Humand Rights Watch. January 9,
- 2009. "Copithorne, Maurice. Helping To Make A Democratic Iran.
- 28 July 2000". Archived from
10 KB (1,132 words) - 04:16, 1 January 2019
- 1972 in poetry
Collected Poems Les Murray, Poems Against Economics
- Earle Birney, Judith Copithorne, Andrew Suknaski, bill bisect,
- Four Parts Sand a selection of works by
33 KB (3,316 words) - 11:04, 18 February 2019
- British Columbia Youth Parliament
Howard McDiarmid Terrance Westgate Angus MacInnis Lyle
- Robertson Maurice D. Copithorne 24 1954 Terrance Westgate
- Douglas Norman John Wright Reg. T. Rose
37 KB (3,175 words) - 11:44, 4 January 2019
News from Iran .....
Students at a school in the city of Marivan in Kurdistan demanded their teacher Mukhtar Asadi who is a member of Teachers Union be released from prison. They carried slogan which reads: Teachers place is in school and not in prison .......
Mokhtar Asadi is a very popular and active teacher in Kurdistan . He is a member of Iran teachers union . He was arrested last week by the security agents in the city of Sanandaj and was transferred to an unknown location.
News from Iran ....
On Monday last week, the family members including the mother of Esmail Bakhshi the spokesperson of the " Haft Tapeh Workers " including some workers from Haft Tapeh gathered in front of the judiciary power building in the city of Shoosh and demanded about the situation of Esmail Bakhshi .
A day earlier Email Bakhshi's mom was attacked by the security agents at her home and was transferred to the hospital .
News From Iran .....
Ms. Parvin Mohammadi a well known labor activist and vice president of the " Free Workers Union" together with Jafar Azimzadeh is arrested . This is happening because of the pressure the regime put on labor activists in recent months.
Its been two weeks the family members of Parvin have no news from her . The officials at Evin prison told to her sister that, she is going to contact the family soon.
All her family including her sick mom are worried on her situation.
More Recent Articles