Did you know that with a little time, and some planning, you can get some great household neccessities at CVS for FREE or next to nothing?
It's true. Shocking, I know. Nothing these days is cheap.... but last summer I heard the buzz on "CVS-ing" where you match coupons with their specials that give ECB's (extra care bucks - money to spend at CVS later). I did this last summer and got tons of things like toothbrushes, toothpaste, bodywash, etc etc for mostly free or for pennies. Once school started, I just didn't have the time to keep up with it, though I wish I had.
So I started back up collecting the coupon inserts and this is what I just got at CVS:
2 tubes of Crest toothpaste for $1.16, and earned $4 in CVS extra care bucks to use next time.
Until August 20-something anyhow....
I officially finished my first year of Nursing school last week. And it took me a darn week to recoop, I tell ya. Finals wore me out,but thankfully they went very well, and I managed two A's and 1 B (in mental health... go figure - ha!). But in the stuff that KEEPS YOU ALIVE - I got A's - so I am hopin' that's a a good sign?
--> This time next year I will have graduated and I can't believe how fast it's going! YAY!
Anyhow, so now that the semester is over, I have the summer off and I have great aspirations for what I want to accomplish this summer. Here's a brief list:
1. Trip to Missouri end of June. Driving. Sanity stealer? Probably. But I'll recoop once I get to catch up with the fam there.
2. Buy a NCLEX-RN book and take practice questions daily (um...like 5 or 10 MOST!). This is the big test you have to take to get your license.
3. Get my 16 volunteer hours in that I have to have before graduation.
4. Go through the bazillion and one toys Myka has - and sell some, donate some.
5. Clear out clutter.... and I have lots.
6.Join the gym. Like I should have done that last week. But still plan to.
7. Read more good books. I am in a book reading frenzy.
8. Garage Sale. This helps with #4 and #5.
9. Get Organized. Ha.
10. Scrapbook more. Take some cool online classes and attempt digital photography in the *gasp* manual mode.
11. I have more, I just know it....
SO there's the plan.
Here are the pages to Myka's prek scrapbook. If you are a scrapbooker too, and want to know the products I used, click this link and it will take you to my DigiShopTalk gallery
. It may take a few days for all these pictures to be in that gallery but I'll have all the layouts there with a list of the products I used if anyone is interested.
I am *hoping* that once I get several examples done, that I can start creating albums for other people. With these of Myka's, I am going to have them printed at a photo lab, and slip them into a traditional scrapbook. But you can also have them printed into board books, etc so I am really excited to get this going.
Thanks for looking :)