Wow I can't believe it's been months since I last posted! Life has been very busy for my family and me. I returned to work outside of the home. I am still running Little Piddles of course:) I never worked outside the home with 2 kids, so finding a way to balance work and home life took some adjustment time. In honor of Labor Day I'd like to offer all of you a Labor Day coupon for $5 off any purchase of $25 or more. Enter coupon code LABORDAY09 at checkout. Valid from now until 9/8/09. Have a safe and Happy Labor Day!
With Earth Day soon approaching I thought it would be a good time to become more Eco friendly. Do you have any great tips you'd like to share? Any great ideas to get the kids involved? One of the reasons I love natural products in because it is not harmful for kids to be around. I'd love to learn new ways to have my kids help out and help make a difference. Below are some things that I do.
1. Wash laundry in cold water (except towels and sheets)
2. Use hand towel in dryer (helps absorb water which dries clothes faster)
3. Cut dryer sheets in half
4. Use natural laundry detergent
5. Use Borax for laundry softener and cleaning (love this stuff)
6. Use natural cleaning products...I used to use vinegar and water most of the time, but recently switched to a hydrogen peroxide and water mix and LOVE it! Cleans great and better yet no smell!
7. Online billing to save on paper waste
8. E-mail my newsletters to customer to save on paper
9. Use ceiling fans
10. Use natural soaps and lotions (Love, love, love my Ciao Bella line)
11. Buy fruit from local market (just started doing this a month ago)
12. Pass Miss K's clothes to Miss A or family and friends
13. Make my own natural products (make some of my own make-up, facial astringent, deep hair conditioner, etc..There are many more great recipes I have found online that I am itching to try out.)
14. Recycle, re-use and re-purpose (always trying to improve in this area)
As you can see by when my last blog entry was it's been a busy month. I made many changes to my STORE
and there are still more to come. If you check out my STORE
I changed how my categories are worded to make it easier for you to find what you're looking for. I also removed and added many products. Over the next few weeks I'll be adding lots more and also changing how my store looks. Time to kick it up a notch and give it a make-over.
Right now all bath & body products by Ciao Bella
are 15% off in honor of Valentine's Day. Ciao Bella
has the yummiest products. Some of my personal favorites are their Vegetable Soap
, Hand & Body Lotion
, Bamboo Sugar Scrub
, and Body Scrub
. Not only are they all natural, but they smell and feel wonderful on your skin.
If you pop over to My Colorful Treasures Blog
you can read a little bit about me. Lisa will be featuring new women in business companies that she interviews on there often. I was fortunate to be interviewed by her this week. Thanks again Lisa!
Leah over at Bookieboo just gave birth to her newest edition recently. As soon as I heard I asked her if I could do her birth announcements. She was very sweet and wrote a review on them on her blog. You can read it HERE
. Also make sure to check out her other website HERE
for great fitness tips.
Shera over at A Frog in My Soup
is hosting a virtual baby shower for one lucky mom-to-be. She is also offering giveaways over the next few days so make sure to check often. Just a tip this Thursday, January 22nd the giveaway is for a pack of Bumpy Name Labels
sponsored by yours truley. Today's giveway is for 25 Mommy Calling cards designed by her. So what are you waiting for pop over and enter for you chance to win.
I want to thank Lisa from My Colorful Treasures Custom Website and Graphic Designs. She just re-vamped my boring Top 100 List and made it elegant. As usual she was a pleasure to work with. I have worked with her many times now and the I highly recommend her for all your website design needs as well as jewelry. You can check out her sites below.
If you want to check out my new Top 100 List click HERE
More Recent Articles