There has always been the eternal battle of the East and West Coast. The sun in California shines like no other, and New Englanders experience some of the most beautiful winters. Yomary and Brian, despite the differences, started a bicoastal friendship after meeting through some mutual friends. They spent many nights talking till the wee hours of the morning and knew their connection was undeniable. Brian soon found his way to Los Angeles from New England and their friendship grew to be a loving relationship.
As the couple spent more and more time in love, the time had come to take the next step. With a sunset proposal in mind Brian started the search for an engagement ring and had this to say about his engagement ring shopping experience:
“I came across the Brian Gavin website and was intrigued, but still nervous. I again contacted my gemologist and asked him about Brian Gavin Diamonds. He complimented me on having done my homework and went on and on about how great Brian Gavin Diamonds was. He set my mind at ease about buying online and made me feel like I was making an excellent choice. After looking at all Brian Gavin offered, I set my sights on a one carat Black by Brian Gavin diamond. I ended up calling Brian Gavin and speaking with Katie, who was very friendly and easy to work with. I purchased the diamond, and in a few days I went down to a secure Federal Express holding facility and picked it up. Once I decided on Brian Gavin, it wasn't really that hard.”
With ring soon in hand, Brian was ready to pop the question. Mother Nature had other thoughts. The day of the proposal, Burbank fires quickly became a worry and danger to California residents. Yomary’s friends were out of town, and their cat was in danger of the impending fires. The couple didn't hesitate to help and delay the planned trip to Point Mugu State Park where Brian planned to propose on the beach. Brian and Yomary rushed over and made it to their friend’s house, made sure the cat was safe and still made it to the beach before sunset.
“We headed out to the beach and arrived just before sunset. It was beautiful! Brian pulled out a piece of paper and started reading it. It was the sweetest proposal; we both cried. The ring was gorgeous,” Yomary excitedly shared.
Although their engagement plans almost changed, their love story found the perfect ending and is the start of a beautiful life spent together. Here at Brian Gavin Diamonds, moments like these make it our goal is to not only deliver the best quality engagement rings but also to make the process of getting the ring as painless as possible. Yomary and Brian's love is just one beautiful example of why our Brian Gavin Diamonds team works as hard as we do. Congratulations to this soon-to-be-wed couple!
To find your very own Black by Brian Gavin diamond, visit our website.
The post Yomary and Brian: Love from Coast to Coast appeared first on Brian Gavin.
Sharon and Ryan turned an online match into a blossoming love story. After the two went back and forth messaging each other, they finally set up their first date, which included a little introduction to Sharon’s girlfriends. Managing to win them over, Ryan took Sharon on their first official date to the Santa Monica Pier. Fast forward almost a year, and this pair is inseparable. It didn’t take long for Ryan to decide Sharon was the girl he would marry.
As it turned out, the pair used their apartment’s reconstruction project as an excuse to take a much-needed vacation to Lake Tahoe. Before all the planning for this trip, Ryan sought out Brian Gavin Diamonds for the perfect ring to stop Sharon dead in her tracks.
“I told them exactly what I was looking for, and they recommended a diamond that had yet to be posted on the website. It differed from the specifications I had in mind, but it turned out to be much better,” Ryan said.
With a beautiful Brian Gavin Blue Diamond in hand, Ryan began planning their upcoming trip to Lake Tahoe because as Brian saw it, “nothing beats the smell of mountain pine and the scenic alpine lakes.”
After spending their trip to Lake Tahoe climbing up breathtaking mountains and enjoying nature, Ryan had a romantic picnic planned. As they looped back around lucky pier number 11, they found a perfect spot to enjoy the scenic view along with some wine and cheese until the beautiful day turned into a beautiful sunset.
It was during the sunset that Ryan asked Sharon, “Are you happy?” To which she replied, “Yes,” and wondered what could have prompted this question. Ryan proceeded to say, “there were a lot of decisions in his life that he had his doubts about, whether or not they were good or bad, but this is not one of them.”
Ryan got down on one knee and opened the little black box to which Sharon thought, “It was very shiny and captured the light so beautifully. I was in complete awe and could not stop admiring it.” The newly engaged lovers embraced as they shared this gorgeous moment together.
We love sharing our customer's love stories. If you're a Brian Gavin customer, we would love to share your unique journey and if you’re looking for a similar Brian Gavin Blue Diamond, check out our website.
The post Sharon and Ryan: A Match Made in Heaven appeared first on Brian Gavin.
Sometimes with love, you have to just leap; that's exactly what Katie did when she first met our customer Chase and made the leap to invite him to her birthday. To her surprise, Chase showed up! The rest, as they say, is history.
Despite living two hours apart, Katie and Chase were inseparable in the months following her birthday and soon made their relationship status official. The distance was no match for Katie and Chase. They spent two years in a long-distance relationship, eagerly anticipating the day they could be together in the same place. When Katie made the leap to move, the distance being a thing of their past this couple found bliss in each other’s company.
Alan Johnson Photography
It was not long afterward moving in together that Chase planned to propose to Katie. It began on a regular Thursday when she came home after work to a note on the kitchen table that read, "If you’re reading this, your hunt begins now!” Taking the challenge, Katie spent 30 minutes following clues until she finally found her way to the end of the scavenger hunt.
The last clue led Katie directly to Chase who was down on one knee with a Brian Gavin Blue Diamond. In complete shock, Katie said yes to spending her life with the man who made long-distance worth the wait. “Chase wanted to catch me off guard, so he knew he had to do it on a random day of the week! It worked,” she gushed.
There was one more surprise up Chase’s sleeve. The last clue included a flashlight, and as Chase turned out the lights, the lovers embraced hands and watched as Katie’s Brian Gavin Blue Diamond sparkled under the UV light. “I couldn’t get over how beautiful it was! I felt so lucky to be given such a gorgeous ring,” Katie said about her new bling.
Alan Johnson Photography
The joyful couple can’t wait to get married and dance the night away together. If you loved Katie’s ring, see more on our website and our team will work to make your dreams come true.
The post Chase and Katie’s Scavenger Hunt Proposal appeared first on Brian Gavin.
When life passes you by, it’s easy to forget to take moments to reflect and remember that there are thousands of things to be grateful for in life. In honor of Thanksgiving, we’re warming up our thankfulness muscles here at BGD to share all the reasons why we’re grateful in 2017.
1. We're grateful for our customers who let us be part of their stunning proposals and the next chapter in their lives.
2. "I am thankful that I get to work in an industry I have a personal passion for, and the amount of knowledge Brian has passed down." Brie, BGD Team Member
3. We're grateful to be headquartered in the passionate city of Houston, who endured Hurricane Harvey and came together by the tens of thousands to help one another in a time of need.
4. "I am thankful that I have a job at Brian Gavin Diamonds because I love jewelry and the diamonds we sell are the best quality." – Rosa, BGD Team Member
5. We're grateful for all of our customers' off-the-wall proposals and are inspired by their creativity each day.
6. "I am most thankful for the amazing expertise that we're surrounded by each day. The fact that we have Brian Gavin, who is literally a diamond legend and visionary, sitting at a desk where we can call out and ask questions and get super technical information is truly invaluable. When you embark on a career, you always want to latch on to an expert and I've truly been blessed to have him as my personal go-to for all things diamond-related. I see and believe in what Brian Gavin Diamonds stands for and am proud to own one myself!" – Jamie, BGD Team Member
7. We're thankful for the launch of our new Brian Gavin Signature Emerald Cut Diamond and to be constantly pushing boundaries in our industry.
8. We love reading the amazing reviews and feedback from customers around the globe. It makes what we do feel even more important and meaningful!
9. "I'm thankful for my coworkers and bosses! Life is always good when everyone gets along and it makes coming to work every day enjoyable." – Shannon, BGD Team Member
10. We love that our customers will go to the end of the earth and back to pull off a great proposal.
11. "I love my job because I like to keep the customers happy when they receive their jewelry on time." – Rosa, BGD Team Member
12. "I am thankful to work for a company that functions as a family, instead of just a group of people who happen to work in the same office." – Andrea, BGD Team Member
13. "I love my job because we don't just make a sale, we build relationships with people that are ready to take the next big step in their lives." Emily, BGD Team Member
14. We're excited and honored to welcome four new designers to the Black by Brian Gavin family: Erika Winters, Chris Ploof, Furrer Jacot, and Steven Kretchmer.
15. "I am most thankful for the people who I work with that have both guided and educated me on my path to success at Brian Gavin Diamonds. Working under the close eye of our 5th Generation Diamond Cutter, Brian Gavin, I have had the pleasure of working with clients from all over the world in selecting a piece that may be one of the most important decisions that they make in their life. Each client is a new experience with their own special story in which we would like to help be a part of." – Emily, BGD Team Member
16. We're grateful to have the opportunity to travel across the world to find the perfect stones for our customers. Picking out Dustin and Summer's stunning sapphire in China was a true joy of ours this year.
17. We love having dedicated customers who have made BGD a true tradition, especially our youngest fan!
18. "My favorite moment of 2017 has been photographing all the amazing pieces created for our customers and knowing what an important role they play in their lives." – Andrea, BGD Team Member
19. We're thankful for not only being part of our customer's proposal but also their wedding day!
20. "When I developed my first custom idea for a client and heard back that it was perfect! It was also one of my very first sales." – Brie, BGD Team Member
21. "My favorite moment at Brian Gavin Diamonds would have to be when Brian showed me the videography for our Black by Brian Gavin line when it launched. It actually made me cry. Truly amazing to be a part of something so progressive and watching his vision come to life!" – Jamie, BGD Team Member
22. We LOVE creating custom work and bringing our customer's visions to life.
23. Above all, we are so thankful for YOU, our customer and fan, for filling our days with so much joy.
Studies have found there are benefits of gratitude — both mental and physical — and all it takes to enjoy them is a little bit of perspective. Acknowledge them all, big and small, on Thanksgiving and every day. You just may put yourself on a dazzling path to an even better new year! Cheers to many more sparkling moments of gratitude. Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!
The post 23 Reasons We're Thankful appeared first on Brian Gavin.
Love has a funny way of showing itself. Sometimes it’s the first kiss or looking into the sunset together. “For me, it was at dinner on our first date, when she looked at my plate and asked, ‘Are you going to finish that?’” our customer Brendon joked when sharing his own love story.
Brendon and Roshi met on a popular online dating site and spent two and a half years together before he decided to pop the question with a custom, sparkly Brian Gavin Diamonds ring.
Photo Credit: Ashley Posusta, Paradise Photo
Brendon began the daunting task of online diamond buying. “Confusing and overwhelming at the onset,” is how he described his initial search before landing on the Brian Gavin Diamonds website. Brendon wanted the ring to be a perfect fit, and we were up for the task.
Brendon and Roshi went ring shopping months prior to his online search, giving him inspiration for her ring. While keeping in mind the ring they had once admired with lotus petal prongs, he shared his vision with our team to make Roshi’s custom-designed ring as meaningful and beautiful as ever.
“Jamie and the rest of the crew were nothing short of stellar in every regard. I had high expectations, and they delivered,” he said.
The couple was on their annual family trip with Brendon’s family in Kauai, Hawaii, but Roshi had no idea that day would take such a dazzling turn.
The morning of the proposal, Brendon suggested a relaxing hike on the beach. Hand in hand, the two made their way to a secluded beach where Brendon had planned for a photographer to capture their engagement on camera.
Photo Credit: Ashley Posusta, Paradise Photo
In Roshi’s own words:
"I set off along the beach, walking away from Brendon and staring off into the sunset. After walking for what seemed like a long while, I turned around to face him, wondering why he was so silent. It took me a second to register what was happening as I saw him perched on one knee, smiling from ear-to-ear, a tiny box in hand.”"
Joyfully, Roshi ran back toward her love and in a burst of excitement accidentally gave Brendon her right hand instead of the left. She hurriedly switched hands so the diamond could find its rightful home.
After the shock wore off, Roshi noticed not only was the other beachgoer a photographer documenting the whole experience but also that the rest of Brendon's family watching the entire proposal. Now that Brendon could breathe a sigh of relief, he, his bride-to-be and family made their way to a private dinner to celebrate.
Throughout the dinner, Roshi couldn't help but stare at her new Brian Gavin Diamonds ring. “My ring sparkles brilliantly with dainty classic simplicity and a flare of unique elegance,” she said.
Stories like these keep us focused on designing the highest quality rings for couples taking on forever together. We were so happy we could be part of this magical day and wish both Roshi and Brendon an eternity of happiness. If you’d like to shop other gorgeous engagement ring styles, visit the Brian Gavin Diamonds website.
The post Brendon and Roshi: A Love That’s For Shore appeared first on Brian Gavin.