Last Friday at school, we kicked off the 48th Annual Canned Food Drive. The drive will run from March 16th to April 27th. Our goal to collect 35,000 cans and pack 50,000 meals.
We hope you will encourage your kids to Help Hauser Fight Hunger. Here is a snapshot of this year’s drive.
Now –April 27th
Solicit donations for both meals and cans/non-perishable donations. Sample letter attached for you to send along to your friends and families who might like to donate. We have already raised over $5,000!
March 16th – Kick-Off
Check out the presentation!
Can Food Drive Presentation 2018
Check out the video!
March 19th-March 23rd – Penny Wars
* Collect pennies/money at lunch all week
* Pennies/Dollars/Checks count towards grade level total
* Silver coins detract from class total for the Penny Wars competition (note: all money is added to class grand total for the food drive)
* Winning class teachers at end of week will do something to losing class teachers – think, pie-in-face!
April 3rd-April 27th – Class Competition/Cans Collected at School
* Cans will be collected at school on 4/6, 4/10,4/13, 4/17, 4/20, 4/24 and 4/27
* Winning grade level for cash/can donations will be awarded an afternoon of “FRIDAY FUN” – movie and open gym!!
April 9th – April 27th – Weekly Raffles
* Each week there will be one raffle prize.
* Ten cans or $5.00 donation receives a raffle ticket entry
* Week 1 Raffle (Week of 4/9) – Ride home from school in a limo
* Week 2 Raffle (Week of 4/16) – Surprise $25.00 gift card
* Week 3 Raffle (Week of 4/23) – Catered lunch to your lunch table
* Grand Prize Raffle – Surprise $50.00 gift card.
*Everyone who was entered into a weekly raffle will be entered in Grand Prize raffle
*Surprise gift cards will be announced week prior
April 14th -Feed Our Community Day
* Will take place in Hauser Cafeteria from 9am-5pm
* Sign up to help pack meals here: http://www.feed6.org/hauser.html