DIY Green Tea Face Mask: Homemade Matcha Green Tea & Honey Face Mask
When was the last time you did something indulgent for yourself? I don’t mean eating that cookie yesterday! I mean something really indulgent like getting a facial or a mani-pedi? If your scratching your head trying to remember what a mani-pedi even is, we should talk. While a whole day at the spa is out of the question for most of us, due to busy schedules and tight budgets, there are things you can do to pamper yourself at home. For example, you can treat yourself to an anti-aging facial with this DIY face mask.
This green tea face mask is a great way to pamper yourself and your skin. If you have sensitive skin, and normally shy away from facial masks, no worries! This DIY face mask has natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals. In fact, thanks to the matcha green tea, it may even help with redness, inflammation, and irritation. In addition, this green tea face mask can help fight the signs of aging, sooth acne breakouts, open your pores (so that dirt can be cleaned out), and moisturize your skin. Not too shabby, right?
Making this green tea face mask takes just minutes, so no large chunk of time has to be set aside from your full-to-bursting schedule. Merely stock up on the ingredients and the next time you find 20-30 minutes that you can claim as “me” time whip up this DIY face mask and pamper yourself!
Note: If you simply cannot find 20-30 minutes to spare for yourself, you can still use this green tea face mask. Wear it while you do other things around the house like making a grocery list or dusting.
While this green tea face mask is a great all around facial treatment, there are other DIY face masks that might better suit your needs. For example try a:
If you’re looking for other ways than this DIY face mask to treat yourself without decimating your budget, try this:
If this green tea face mask has inspired you to try more homemade bath and beauty products be sure to follow Freebie Finding Mom’s DIY Beauty and Homemade Beauty Products Pinterest boards.
3 tsp. matcha green tea
2 tsp. raw, unfiltered honey
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. water
1. Mix matcha green tea, honey, and coconut oil together until completely combined.
2. Adding a little at a time, pour in just enough water to thin out the mixture.
Tip: You want to add enough water to make the mask easy to apply but not so much that it is drippy. If you add too much water, no worries! Just mix in a little more green tea and it’ll thicken up.
1. Wash your face.
Tip: Want a homemade face wash? Try this grapefruit face wash or this aloe and mint foaming face wash – both are great for acne and oily skin!
2. Apply green tea face mask evenly and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
3. Wipe away with a wet cloth and pat skin dry.
4. Finish by moisturizing your face.
Tip: For a gentle, light moisturizer try this homemade face moisturizer.
Want to rev this DIY face mask up even more? Add a drop of lavender essential oil and a drop of frankincense essential oil to your green tea face mask mixture as both help fight the signs of aging.
Do you like to use homemade beauty products and homemade cleaners? I love the ability to make products to use in my home that are all natural and safe which is why I am a big fan of essential oils. Young Living essential oils are my favorite oils because they are some of the best essential oils on the market. I also appreciate that Young Living guarantees no pesticides or herbicides were used in the growing of their oils, and that they are the only company that has their own farms, so they can ensure the quality of their oils.
Whether you already use Young Living essential oils or are new to the company, for a limited time, you can snag an awesome deal on a Young Living Premium Starter Kit!
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit includes:
- Eleven (5 ml) therapeutic-grade essential oils
- Your choice of Dew Drop or another Home Diffuser
- Several FREEBIES including a $20 Amazon gift card (limited time offer!), a reference guide, and access to our private Facebook groups where you can learn more about essential oils (how to use them, benefits, how to make money selling them etc.)
- Plus, with this order, you automatically become a wholesale member, which means you will save 24% off all of your orders! Even if you are not interested in selling Young Living essential oils, you still get the member discount if you purchase this Premium Starter Kit, and make at least one purchase of $50 per year!
*One exciting aspect of picking up the Premium Starter Kit is that you immediately have your own business (if you want)! There are numerous perks to becoming a seller and promoter of Young Living essential oils, so if you have been wanting a way to make money at home, this could be the right solution for you. Please note: You are NOT required to sell anything, it is completely your choice, but if you are interested in selling Young Living essential oils, I’d be happy to share with you more about this, feel free to email me at the address below.
Here’s How to Get Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit:
- Go to the Young Living Enrollment page.
- Choose Member for the membership type.
- Double check that the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID are both showing 2751941
- To ensure you never run out of your oils, you can enroll in the optional Essential Rewards program at this time. This is a monthly auto-ship program where if you commit to spending 50 PV (usually $50) for eleven out of the twelve months of the year, you can earn FREE product credits and reduced shipping! I love to save money, so I recommend this option! (You may opt out if you are not interested.)
- Add any additional products and fill in your information. A couple of additions you may want to consider are Lemongrass Vitality which is great for pain relief and a Thieves Household Cleaner. I like the Thieves Household Cleaner because not only is it cheaper than most any cleaner you can buy in stores, but it is non-toxic too. As a mom, this matters to me.
- After you fill out your information, including name, address, phone, email, etc., you will also enter your social security number and agree to the terms & conditions.
- Select your choice of shipping, and then you will enter your payment information.
- Review your order and then click Activate and Place Order. That’s it! Your oils will be on their way!
Please feel free to email me with any questions at email@example.com. Your freebies will be shipped within 2-4 weeks.
Want to learn more about Young Living essential oils and why they are my preferred essential oil provider? Go here.