We usually take the summers off from homeschooling…and it feels like we are getting close to the finish line! We have just three more weeks of our curriculum. Since we’ve been sheltering at home, we’ve been moving through it a little more quickly.
I have to be honest that I’ll be sad when it’s over–as I have really enjoyed doing Sonlight, Level F (Eastern Hemisphere) this year. I was so happy to find a used set through Facebook marketplace. It’s been great making memories and reading so many more books aloud this year.
How has your homeschool year been?
On another note, there are lots of freebies and deals available with so many companies offering products at a reduced rate due to the pandemic. Here are just a few:
1) Love and Logic Online Parenting Course
Get the Love and Logic Parenting Online course for free (regularly $99). This is available through April only.
Love and Logic is the original and proven leader in parenting. Since 1977 we’ve helped parents from all walks of life create happy, resilient and responsible kids. Enjoy immediate success with the effective parenting solutions taught in this online parenting class. You will learn parenting tips on how to:
- End arguing and manipulation
- Neutralize defiance
- Replace anger and frustration with empathy
- End bedtime battles
- Set kids up for success by allowing them to make small mistakes when the price tag is small
- And much more!
2) FREE Spring Memory Game (Printable)
I have a new Spring Memory Game printable that is available for free over on my Amazing Mess blog. You can get it here.
3) FREE eBook – You Can Trust God to Write Your Story
The eBook You Can Trust God to Write Your Story: Embracing the Mysteries of Providence is FREE! Please remember that prices may change.
WHAT’S GOD DOING IN YOUR STORY?
Our kids beg us for stories at bedtime or while we drive; we gather around firepits and dinner tables to tell and retell our favorite tales—the more dramatic the better. But when it comes to our actual lives, we prefer something less sensational, even boring—sunny skies and smooth sailing, please and thank you. We want our own stories to be predictable, safe, controllable, and catastrophe-free.
When plans fall apart, jobs are lost, kids wander off, doctors give bad reports, we often wonder, “What are you doing, God? Are you sure you have this under control? It doesn’t really seem like it right now.”
God is the master Storyteller. He’s writing your story and it’s a part of His bigger, grander, eternal Story. But we’re still in the middle. We haven’t gotten to the happy ending yet, and it can be hard to trust Him in the thick of our struggles. That’s why Robert and Nancy share their own story, friends’ stories, and the stories of people in the Bible who have faced life-altering challenges, but, in the end, have found God to be faithful. Learn why you really can trust God to write your story—no matter what plot twists you may encounter along the way.
National Geographic has just launched a brand new website called NatGeo@Home that offers tons of FREE activities, games, and experiments! This is just one great way that you can keep your kids learning from home.
5) 30-Day Trial to ReadingIQ
Get a 30 day trial to ReadingIQ.com for FREE right now. ReadingIQ.com is a new website from the creators of ABCMouse. It gives you unlimited access to thousands of ebooks including award winners and a variety of genres.
Here’s more info:
- Unlimited access to thousands of books. Anytime. Anywhere.
- Accessible on desktops, tablets, and phones
- Popular titles and characters that children know and love
- All titles carefully curated for readers 12 and under
- Book recommendations for every child based on his or her level
- Ability to monitor your child’s progress
- Award-winning titles, includingCaldecott and NewberyMedal winners
- Up to 3 children per account
- Guided Reading and Lexile® levels available for thousands of books
- Ability to preview the content your child is exploring
- More than 700 professionally voiced titles
- 100% safe and kid-friendly environment
1) $10 Off a $25 Office Supply Purchase
Through April 22, Amazon is offering this great deal! For every $25 that you spend on Expo, Sharpie, Papermate, and more, you can get $10 off. Simply add over $25 worth of included items in your cart and the $10 should be taken off when you go to check out.
There are a variety of office supply items included: pens, organizers, label makers, markers, and more. You can see all included items here.
Please remember that prices may change.
2) ProSchool Membership – Save $25 (ends April 24, 2020)
Through April 24, you can save $25 off a yearly ProSchool Membership. You’ll get access to:
1) ALL of their Notebooking Pages products (saving $100s versus purchasing individually)
2) Step-by-Step QuickStart Tips, Training, & Tutorials
3) ProSchool Page Generator App
as well as:
– exclusive member-only resources/printables
– all new notebooking pages, printables, and resources for one year.
– (BONUS) Mom’s Household Planner Membership
3) Scotch Heavy Duty Packaging Tape Deal
You can get 6 rolls of Scotch Heavy Duty Packaging Tape for only $11.58 right now! Please remember that prices may change.
4) Crayola Washable Kids Paint
Get this best-selling Crayola Washable Kids Paint (6 ct) for $6.34 right now (lowest price so far). Please remember prices will change.
- CLASSIC COLORS: Washable Kids’ Paint in six different colors: blue, violet, green, red, yellow, orange. Crayola Washable Kids’ Paint does not drip readily from brushes & does not separate, making it freeze-thaw stable & assuring consistent performance.
- WORRY-FREE PAINTING: Crayola Washable Kids Paint is perfect for introducing young children to painting. Learning to paint can help children improve fine motor skills, and the blendable colors help young children learn colors and mix secondary colors.
5) Discount Book – As Bright As Heaven
You can get As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner for $3.99 right now. Please remember prices may change.
From the acclaimed author of The Last Year of the War comes a novel set during the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918, telling the story of a family reborn through loss and love.
In 1918, Philadelphia was a city teeming with promise. Even as its young men went off to fight in the Great War, there were opportunities for a fresh start on its cobblestone streets. Into this bustling town, came Pauline Bright and her husband, filled with hope that they could now give their three daughters—Evelyn, Maggie, and Willa—a chance at a better life.
But just months after they arrive, the Spanish Flu reaches the shores of America. As the pandemic claims more than twelve thousand victims in their adopted city, they find their lives left with a world that looks nothing like the one they knew. But even as they lose loved ones, they take in a baby orphaned by the disease who becomes their single source of hope. Amidst the tragedy and challenges, they learn what they cannot live without—and what they are willing to do about it.
As Bright as Heaven is the compelling story of a mother and her daughters who find themselves in a harsh world not of their making, which will either crush their resolve to survive or purify it.