Super excited to share with you all my plans for documenting this years journey! Hubby and I started doing this in 2015 and it's turned into something really fun for us to do each year to document our life! Since we've started this project it has really expanded for us in a lot of ways. First we pick an idea for a theme for us to focus on. I have our themes listed below.
2015 - Adventures
2016 - New
2017 - Life's a Party
2018 - Project 40 I got this!
Why do we choose a theme? For us it helps us focus and tell a story about our year in our words. For example last year's theme was Life's A Party, we picked that because we knew how many big celebrations we would be doing last year and if fit so well.....what we didn't know is how funny it would be because we of course had new clue what we would go through with my dad. So for us it was pretty hilarious because life sure was not a party! lol
So how did we come up with this year's theme? I turned 40 in December. December was a pretty bad month for us and we also spent most of it sick, what a way to celebrate a big milestone right? Hubby felt really bad my party had to be cancelled as he wanted to do something special for me to celebrate me. I kept telling him it's ok you can't control what happens in life but he was pretty upset. So the idea was born to create like a 40 Bucket List for us to do this year to celebrate turning 40....the idea Project 40 I got this was born! lol We thought it would be fun to pick 40 things to do....do you know how hard it is come up with 40 things that won't break the bank. At least we had fun doing it and didn't kill each other! LOL We had a blast decorating our album cover last year so hubby defiantly wanted us to do that again this year are you ready for it?
SWEET!!! Right??!! It turned out way better than I had hoped it would! I used our Black Faux Leather 12" x 12" Album item #144202. We decorated the cover using the Silhouette, Silver and White Vinyl. It's way cooler in person!
- Document daily as we've done in the past we prefer it.
- Stick with using the pocket photo pages. I like the look and feel of it when things are done.
- Use 12 x 12 size so I can still incorporate my 12 x 12 traditional scrapbook pages into it.
- Use a planner for documenting our day's notes. I tried this last year and I liked having another project to decorate. However I only got the first 3 month's done it's a little time consuming but I liked how I was able to use product up and it really helped my creativity process way more than I thought it would kinda like testing ideas out first. lol I'll be sharing more of this down the road.
- I am not doing a box this year to hold my cards until I am done. I know many of you loved me sharing this but this year I want to focus on getting caught up!
- To get the past albums DONE this year. I am working on ideas to help others as well if your in the same boat as me! haha
- Finish this year's album on time! I am setting specific time aside for me each week to just have fun with this project.
My Cover Page for the start of the Album used 3 of the Sale-A-Bration items! Today is the last day to earn those FREEBIES!!!!
Click Here & View the Sale- A- Bration Catalog
For every $50 or $100 before tax and shipping you can earn one of the AWESOME products from the Sale-a-bration Catalog from Jan. 4- March 31, 2018!!
You may have seen this project already I used it for The Stamp Review Crew Sale-A-Bration Blog Hop HERE. Finally sharing the details today! My title card in the top left corner. I printed out the phrases onto Whisper White card stock. I wanted to bring in more color to the white so I underlined each phrase using the Berry Burst Stampin' Write Marker. To create this I used the following Sale-A- Bration Items.
Sweet Soiree Memoreis & More Card Pack are the cards I used for the pockets. I color coordinated with them by using our various products that match. I decorated the cards using using the Myths & Magic and Tutti-frutti Washi Tape, Silver Metallic Thread, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit, and 1/2 Berry Burst Finely Woven Ribbon. I also cut and die cut some of the Sweet Soriee Memories & More Card Pack to decorate the other cards. To die cut the cards I used the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine with the Stitched Shape Framelits.
I used the dots stamp to stamp on my top left corner card on my layout and to create a banner on one of the bottom cards. I inked the stamp in Old Olive and used Old Olive card stock.
Close up of the left side of my cover page to add the glitter amazing I used the following.
I used the Celebrate You Thinlits to die cut out the word "amazing" in Silver Glimmer Paper and added it to my bottom left card. I loved adding a word to the pre-printed card to create a title.
To decorate the big heart card I used Hostess Set Dare to Dream. This is one of my favorite hostess sets this year!! To get this set have an online catalog party, catalog party, place a minimum hostess party order to qualify for it or join my team (I welcome all stampers from hobby to career minded demos)! I inked the adventure phrase in Versa Mark and Old Olive. Stamped onto a piece of Whisper White card stock and embossed it with the Clear Embossing Powder. To add "the" and "Awaits" I inked those stamps in Versa Mark and Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and stamped onto the card. I then embossed using the Clear Embossing Powder.
Our 40 List: We are well on our way of completing this list too!
- Visit Ice Castle
- Go to Winter Carnival
- Visit a Historical Landmark
- Grandpa & Us Picture
- Read 40 Books
- Try a new drink
- East at a new restraunt
- Candle light dinner with Jamie
- Go to Hockey Game
- Send 40 Cards
- Finish our 3 Daily Memory Albums
- Learn to Play Cribbage
- Replaced Floor in Craftroom and Office
- Get Permit to Carry
- Go Fishing
- Visit a Different State
- Go Camping
- Buy a winning Powerball Ticket
- Go to the movies with Jamie
- Come up with 40 Things for this damn list!
- Take a Bike Ride
- Visit MN Zoo
- Capture 40 Moments
- Have a Bonfire
- Document 40 Silly Moments
- Take our Summer Family Photo
- Make something new in food for us
- Go to Taste of Dorset
- Visit Canterbury Park
- Watch a Horse Race
- Go to a Wine Event
- Visit Paul Bunyan & Babe the Blue Ox
- See Classic Car Show
- Visit the State Fair
- Go Rollerblading
- Carve Pumpkins
- Take a Fall Hike and take pictures
- Go Sledding
- See Our Christmas Tree Lighting
- Complete 40 Things on our Bucket List!
Stamps: Epic Celebrations, Dare to Dream
Ink: Versa Mark, Old Olive, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Gray, Old Olive, Silver Glimmer Paper
Acc.: Big Shot, Stitched Layers Framelits, Celebrate You Thinlits Myths & Magic and Tutti-frutti Washi Tape, Sweet Soiree Memories & More Card Pack, 2017-2019 In Color Stampin Write Markers, Silver Metallic Thread, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Sweet Soiree Embellishment Kit, 1/2 Berry Burst Finely Woven Ribbon
Thanks for stopping by! Have questions or comments please feel free to email me or leave a comment on my blog. I love hearing from my readers!
Order On-line 24/7: Shoprubberredneck.com
or click on the images below to add to your cart