Joey and Lisa's wedding was perfect! Aside from 40 mile an hour winds (and lots of hairspray!) the weather was beautiful. So many of you asked for pictures that I decided to share a few of my favorites.
I'm also including a picture of their wedding invitation along with cutting dimensions. I'm sensitive to their privacy so personal information has been blocked out.
This picture of myself, my sister (center) and my cousin, Colleen, before the ceremony.
My sister, Krista, looked gorgeous! Her son, Joey, insisted on walking her down the aisle to her seat. Yes, I had to hold back the tears.
My great nephews (my sister's grandsons) stole the hearts of everyone! Henry (4) is on the left, Luke (2) is in the center and Jack (6) is on the left.
Lisa looked beautiful!
I love how this picture of Boo and I turned out. We clean up nice, don't we? ((smile))
Lisa wanted their wedding invitations to be tailored, yet simple. She chose the layout and I worked out the dimensions for the tri-fold.
I don't have a picture of the closed invitation. I had removed the layers of Linen Thread to take the invitation with me for the weekend.
I tied the invitations closed with the same triple layer of Linen Thread that you see on the inside.
There is a pocket on the right side that held the accommodations card and the RSVP card and envelope. Naturally, those were used, so I don't have a picture of them.
You'd think after making 90 of these that I would have taken more pictures, but I was so focused on getting them finished that I simply forgot.
- Night of Navy cardstock base is cut 5 1/2" x 11" and scored at 4 1/8" and 8 3/8".
- To create the point, use a pencil to create a mark at 1" at the top and bottom of the left panel. I used the Paper Trimmer to connect the pencil marks, forming the point.
- Night of Navy cardstock pocket is cut 2 3/4" x 5". I scored 1/2" on three sides. I created a template for the angled cut and traced it onto each piece of cardstock then cut it with the Paper Trimmer. It was easier and less time consuming then measuring each piece.
- The wedding invitation was printed professionally on Whisper White cardstock by Minuteman Press of Brandon, FL. (Thank you, Julie Arndt!) Not only did they turn out beautifully but the amount of ink needed for my printer, to print each piece, was not cost effective.
- The invitations were printed to 4" x 5 1/4"and adhered to the center.
- The accommodations card was printed on 3 1/4" x 4" and adhered to a layer of Night of Navy cardstock measuring 3 1/2" x 4 1/4".
- The RSVP card (not shown) was printed on 3 1/4" x 4 3/4" and adhered to a layer of Night of Navy cardstock measuring 3 1/2" x 5".
- I purchased the envelopes for the RSVP card at Envelopes.com.
- The finished invitation was placed in the medium white envelope.
We are 26 days away from Father's Day - Sunday, June 18th.
I've begun to create and this card is perfect for Bob the Builder, don't you think?
The man can fix or build anything! It's truly a gift to be that engineer-minded without ever being formally taught. It's definitely his innate gift.
Since there are three of us in our family, Bob the Builder, Boo and I, it's only fitting that there be three tools. Since they are supposed to represent 'us' they 'had to have' wiggly eyes!
This stamp set is on the retired list and sadly, the Build It coordinating framelits are already sold out. But it's not too late to grab the stamp set! View the remaining retired products HERE.
This stamp set will forever remind me of my wonderful, talented and amazing hubby!
Want to craft but feel like you don’t have the right supplies? Sign up for Paper Pumpkin! First-time customers get an introductory 25% off for June, July, and August.
- Offer valid only from May 11th –June 10th, 11:50 PM (MT)
- For first-time subscribers only.
- Available for month-to-month subscriptions only - no pre-paid subscriptions for this special offer.
- New stamp set and ink spot each month along with pre-cut supplies and a picture instruction sheet. EASY!
- The 25% discount is applied to 1 kit per month for the first 3 months of a new subscription. After that, the price for each month's kit will return to the regular price of $19.95.
- Get started! Enter the promo code, STARTHERE. Click HERE to subscribe.