Hi Stampers, happy stamping and happy Thursday to each of you. Today for our blog hop we had a color challenge. The color combo was inspired from the Pick A Pattern DSP which in not in my stamp room so I had to get really creative. I used the inks, Flirty Flaming, Emerald Envy and Black along with the Orange Blossom stamp set. My card was inspired by Amy Koenders, Sandi MacIver and Freshly Made Sketches. The links to Amy and Sandi’s blogs are in my blog today under “card inspiration” so check them out! Sometimes you need a boost with the creative juices and I am thankful I have so many talented friends that inspire me and help me when I get stuck on a design challenge.
Here is the color challenge:
Stampin’ Up Orange Blossom:
Here is the recipe:
Card Base: Flirty Flamingo 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored and 4-1/4
Mat: Basic Black 5-1/4 x 4
Art Piece: Whisper White 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Angled piece: Whisper White 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 Cut on the bottom at an angle
Mat: flirty Flamingo 5-1/8 x 3-7/8 cut with 1-8 inch edge on the angled cuts with my Stampin Trimmer
Here are the details:
- on your art piece stamp the large flowers twice in Flirty Flamingo and then a second time stamping them off for a lighter tone
- stamp your variety of leaves in Emerald Envy using the stamped off technique to give you leaves a lighter feel
- the group of three flowers are inked in Flirty Flaming
- dot flowers and the tiny flowers inked in Daffodil Delight
- splatter are inked in Basic Black using the Timeless Textures dot stamp
- on your angled piece of Whisper White card stock ink and stamp your Sentiment. I use the stamp from Dragon Fly Dreams
- ink your large flower in Flirty Flamingo and add some Emerald Envy leaves and Black splatters
- wrap your black bow around the top of the sentiment piece
- add some loops of thin black Metallic Thread with a glue dot
- add our black bow on top of your Metallic loops
- your angled sentiment piece is adhered to the front of the card base with dimensionals
- adhere large pearls to the center of your large flowers
- sprinkle small rhinestones and tiny black sequins on the front of the card for added sparkle
Here is the inside:
Here is our team:
Alright, on with the hop! Click the button below to hop over to see what the rest of the team created for you today:
And just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:
Can I help you?
Do you need product to make this card and need a demonstrator? I would be happy to answer any questions or assist you. You can either click the “shop with me button” which directs you to my online store or click the “contact me” button for further help. Happy Stamping, Kristi
My card inspiration:
Here are the two cards that inspired my design today, one from Amy Koenders, you can see here and
one from Sandi MacIver, you can see her card here.
Thank you my friends my inspiring me this week. Your cards and talents are exceptional.
Here are the products I used to make this card:
The post Stampin’ Up! Orange Blossom Happin Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop appeared first on Stamping With Kristi.