For IT News Week 2 of May 2019
, check out the Ambi Climate's air conditional control system.
May 9, 2019 - Oracle Malaysia Launches Cloud Solution Hub to Help Businesses across Asia-Pacific Accelerate Digital Transformation
- May 9, 2019 - Oracle Malaysia Launches Cloud Solution Hub to Help Businesses across Asia-Pacific Accelerate Digital Transformation
- May 9, 2019 - Penang - SMART partners with IBM Malaysia to transform its manufacturing for Industry 4.0
- May 8, 2019 - Thailand’s Beyond Esports Wins RM20,000 in TECS 2019: CS GO
- May 8, 2019 - Kaspersky Lab finds one-in-two hide social media activity from their boss
- May 8, 2019 - Silverlake Appliance Set to Transform Edge to Cloud Security
The new Oracle Cloud Solution Hub in Kuala Lumpur
, which is capable of hosting up to 150 experienced and highly trained cloud consultants,supported by a range of state-of-art tools and facilities
, the cloud solution hub will help organisations of all sizes, particularly small and medium enterprises (SMEs) understand how they can harness emerging technologies like Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Data Analytics, and Autonomous Databases to drive business value and growth.
|(From L to R) Datuk Zainal Amanshah, Chief Executive Officer of InvestKL, Cherian Varghese, Regional Managing Director and Vice President, ASEAN and SAGE, Oracle, YB Datuk Darell Leiking, Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI), Datuk Seri Michael K C Yam, Chairman of InvestKL Board and Mohamed Fitri bin Abdullah, Managing Director of Oracle Malaysia Corporation Sdn Bhd officiated the launch of Oracle Cloud Solution Hub in Kuala Lumpur|
Off the back of strong adoption of Oracle Cloud across Asia-Pacific, Oracle Malaysia will be expanding its premises substantially to accommodate this new cloud solution hub. To drive further growth, the hub is being developed to include a regional technical cloud centre focused on delivering industry 4.0 solutions to enable more companies to adopt innovative and customised applications. This cloud solution hub in Kuala Lumpur comes after Oracle Malaysia established a digital hub in September 2017.
May 9, 2019 - Penang - SMART partners with IBM Malaysia to transform its manufacturing for Industry 4.0
SMART Modular Technologies Sdn Bhd (SMART), a leading supplier of specialty memory, and storage solutions manufacturer, today announced that it is collaborating with IBM to transform its manufacturing operations to meet the demands of the ever evolving technology landscape.
SMART, which is headquartered in Newark, California (USA), relies on its Malaysian manufacturing operations in Penang to be not only a key supply chain location for the insatiable Asian electronics market, but also as an example of transformative product manufacturing for the global business.
In working with IBM Services in Malaysia, SMART is upgrading its Penang operations to be a cutting-edge facility boasting Industry 4.0 manufacturing processes, including both the deployment of new AI-powered capabilities as well as re-skilling its workforce
. This will enable SMART’s Malaysian operations to use collaborative robots(COBOTS) powered by IBM PowerAI Vision
. So when the product reaches end of the line before it is boxed and shipped, the collaborative robots are able to spot defects and remove it from the production line
May 8, 2019 - Thailand’s Beyond Esports Wins RM20,000 in TECS 2019: CS GO
The best and brightest in esports in South East Asia gathered at The Top, Komtar in Penang last weekend to battle it out at the finale of ‘The Elite Championship Series 2019 (TECS) – Counter Strike: Go Offensive (CS: GO)
’. Working against AOES from Singapore, Beyond Esports from Thailand triumphed at winning two sets in the finale to bring home the trophy prize and RM20,000 cash prize. Malaysia’ FrostFire team brought home RM6,000 cash prize as Semi-Finalist.
|Beyond Esports from Thailand took home the trophy prize and RM20,000 cash. Posing together are Franky How (second from left), Managing Director of The Pantheon Group; Kendrick Hung (third from left), Founder and Chairman of Phidisk Sdn. Bhd.; and YB Soon Lip Chee (center), Penang State Executive Council for Youth and Sports.|
In conjunction with the tournament finale, tournament organizer The Pantheon Group, also shared its plans to develop and nurture the esports industry in Malaysia. Franky How, Managing Director of The Pantheon Group said that the group intends to develop the capability of esports athletes and the business in Malaysia to compete at the global level.
Tournament organizer, The Pantheon Group
, also shared future plans to set up esports centres nationwide - Franky How, Managing Director of The Pantheon Group said that the group intends to develop the capability of esports athletes and the business in Malaysia to compete at the global level.
May 8, 2019 - Kaspersky Lab finds one-in-two hide social media activity from their boss
With 90% of people in employment going online several times a day, it can be hard for most workers to keep their private and work-life separate during the working day (and beyond).
The recently published Global Privacy Report
from Kaspersky Lab reveals that one-in-two (59%) consumers choose to hide social media activity from their boss
. This secretive stance at work also extends to their colleagues, with 52% of people also preferring not to reveal online activities to their co-workers.
The average employee spends an astonishing 13 years and two months at work
during their lifetime. Interestingly though, not all this time is directly related to solving work tasks or earning a promotion: almost two thirds (64%) of consumers admit visiting non-work-related websites every day from their desk
To ensure workers don’t fall prey of the internet threats at a work, among others, Kaspersky Lab advises consumers to not post anything that could be considered defamatory, obscene, proprietary or libellous. If in doubt, don’t post.
May 8, 2019 - Silverlake Appliance Set to Transform Edge to Cloud Security
(“Silverlake”), the banking and security expert, today announced the launch of Silverlake Appliance (SIA) X-300 PAM, the first appliance developed based on Intel technology
, a new cyber security line that combines best of both technology to bring unprecedented level of “edge-to-cloud” and datacentre security for its customers
The end-to-end PAM solution provides hardened security for its PAM technology stack to help protect against cyber threats while providing more consistent service performance
and is ideal for small mid and large sized customers and partners operating in multiple verticals. Silverlake X-300 PAM delivers Silverlake’s products, services, support and maintenance. All-in-one.
According to Goh Peng Ooi, Founder and Group Executive Chairman of Silverlake Group
, with Intel’s software and hardware technologies, Silverlake’s technology stack designed for PAM
, will form an all-new and powerful cyber security PAM product line (SIA) that will be the foundation for our customers to reduce their companies cyber security risks
|(L-R)Goh Peng Ooi, Founder and Group Executive Chairman, Santhosh Dhar, Managing Director of Silverlake, Santhosh Viswanathan, Manging Director of Intel|
SIA X-300 PAM is a robust PAM solution that is powered by advanced Intel Xeon Scalable platform and Intel Software Guard Extensions (Intel SGX) technology that can fully automate provisioning and de-provisioning process, giving IT full power over the access rights of employees, partners, contractors, vendors, and guests. This not only speeds up the enforcement process but helps eliminate human error. The scalable and modular architecture of SIA
will ensure businesses can mitigate cyber threats with more deterministic performance and efficient cost containment. It also reduces the trusted computing base (TCB) to the smallest possible footprint, prevents memory bus snooping, memory tampering, and “cold boot” attacks against memory images in RAM; provides hardware-based attestation capabilities to measure and verify valid code, data signatures, and the TCB.
Date : 9-May-2019
Location : Boston, United States
Red Hat, the world’s leading open source solutions provider recently made a few milestone announcements at its annual IT industry event, 2019 Red Hat Summit
in Boston, United States.
Showcasing the latest and greatest in cloud computing, platform, virtualization, middleware, storage, and systems management technologies, key announcements made at this Summit include:
Red Hat Opens the Linux Experience to Every Enterprise, Every Cloud and Every Workload with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- The launch of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 (RHEL8)
- Announcement of the over 1,000 global enterprise adopters of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Announcement of Red Hat backing the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
- Introduction of Red Hat OpenShift 4
- Findings from ‘The economic impact of Red Hat Enterprise Linux’ – a study by IDC
Red Hat, Inc., the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the general availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, the operating system designed to span the breadth of deployments across enterprise IT. For any workload running on any environment
, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 delivers one enterprise Linux experience to meet the unique technology needs of evolving enterprises. From deploying new Linux workloads into production to launching digital transformation strategies
, the next-generation enterprise is built on top of the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 has several built-in intelligence and features including the following:
- Red Hat Insights – Used to proactively identify and remediate IT issues, from security vulnerabilities to stability problems.
- Red Hat Smart Management – A layered add-on for Red Hat Enterprise Linux that helps IT teams gain the benefits of hybrid cloud computing while minimizing its inherent management complexities.
- Application Streams – Melds faster developer innovation with production stability in a single, enterprise-class operating system by including fast-moving languages, frameworks and developer tools are updated frequently in this stream without impacting the core resources.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux web console – Provides an intuitive, consistent graphical interface for managing and monitoring Red Hat Enterprise Linux system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux System Roles – Automate many of the more complex tasks around managing and configuring Linux in production
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 also supports the OpenSSL 1.1.1 and TLS 1.3 cryptographic standards, and delivers full support for the Red Hat container toolkit
For IT News Week 1 of May 2019
,take heed the INTERPOL World 2019,2 to 4 July 2019 at Sands Expo & Convention Centre, Marina Bay Sands Singapore.
May 13, 2019 - SG - ICE71's 2nd Singapore ‘Demo Day’ Highlights
- May 8, 2019 - SG - ICE71's 2nd Singapore ‘Demo Day’ Highlights
- May 8, 2019 - HK - Ambi Climate Introduces New Way to Control Air Conditioners Using Siri
- May 8, 2019 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Integrates BlueData to Accelerate Artificial Intelligence and Data-Driven Innovation in the Enterprise
- May 7, 2019 - Sony’s New GTK-XB72 High Power Speaker is Now Available In Malaysia
- May 7, 2019 - SG - Neural Technologies to demonstrate digital twin technology to leverage 5G networks
- May 4, 2019 - Malaysia Esports (ESM) Prepares For Bootcamp
The region’s first cybersecurity entrepreneur hub. ICE71 (Innovation Cybersecurity Ecosystem at BLOCK71)
, which was forged from a partnership between Singtel Innov8
and NUS Enterprise
, unveiled the region's next generation of cybersecurity start-ups at its second ICE71 Accelerate Demo Day in Singapore on 08th May 2019
|ICE71 Group Photo|
On the 8th May 2019, the region’s and the world’s leading cybersecurity innovators, regulators - including advisors to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II - investors and corporates had gathered in Singapore to unveil the region’s top cybersecurity talent - the next generation of tech talent which are taking aim at cybercrime
May 8, 2019 - HK - Ambi Climate Introduces New Way to Control Air Conditioners Using Siri
- ICE71 was forged from a partnership between Singtel Innov8 and National University of Singapore (NUS) Enterprise.
- It has officially unveiled the region’s next generation of cybersecurity start-ups at its second ICE71 Accelerate Demo Day in Singapore.
- Coming from Singapore, India, Turkey, Vietnam, the UK, and the US, the latest cohort of start-ups was chosen to participate in the three-month ICE71 Accelerate programme, supporting the development and acceleration of their growth.
- Backed by the UK Trade Commissioner for Asia Pacific and ex-cybersecurity advisor to 10 Downing Street, ICE71’s Accelerate program showcases the leading cybersecurity entrepreneurial talent that comes to Singapore.
, the world’s first AI-enhanced air conditioner controller
created by HK-based IoT startup, Ambi Labs, is now integrated with Siri Shortcuts. The new integration enables Apple users to control their air conditioners or heat pumps with personalized voice commands using the popular iOS voice assistant, Siri
. It also means that Ambi Climate is now compatible with the three leading voice assistants on the market, including Amazon Alexa and Google Home.
With the capabilities of Apple iOS 12, Ambi Climate offers three ready-to-use shortcuts: “Set Comfort Mode” which turns on the air conditioner; “Set Off Mode”
which turns off the air conditioner; and providing comfort feedbacks （”A Bit Cold”, “A Bit Warm” and “Comfy”) that auto-adjust settings. Unlike other smart speaker solutions, Siri Shortcut also allows users to record customized voice phrases and voice control their air conditioners at any time from anywhere via Internet accessibility - not just from the home.
Siri Shortcut integration has further elevated Ambi Climate as a paradigm-changing smart home device that provides users with effortless yet advanced access to personalized comfort and energy sustainability.
Recommended Price: US$129
; Available at selected local retailers
and worldwide on www.ambiclimate.com
May 8, 2019 - Hewlett Packard Enterprise Integrates BlueData to Accelerate Artificial Intelligence and Data-Driven Innovation in the Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
(HPE) announced a new integrated offering that combines the HPE BlueData software platform
with HPE Apollo systems and HPE Pointnext services, to provide customers with a powerful solution for AI and data-driven business innovation. The container-based BlueData software platform provides customers with simple, one-click automated deployment for their AI and analytics tools of choice
– and enables enterprise-grade security, scalability and performance.
May 7, 2019 - Sony’s New GTK-XB72 High Power Speaker is Now Available In Malaysia
- BlueData software subscriptions can be ordered together with HPE Apollo server and storage infrastructure. New bundled solutions with BlueData and HPE infrastructure will be made available in a variety of different configurations.
- New HPE Pointnext services offerings are now available for BlueData, building on the deep AI/ML and big data analytics expertise and use case deployments from HPE Pointnext. These services help to streamline the software implementation and ongoing support operations, enabling success and faster time-to-value for AI and data-driven initiatives.
- The BlueData team is developing new innovations for the use of Kubernetes in large-scale AI and analytics deployments, with ongoing contributions to the Kubernetes open source community.
- A new HPE reference configuration is now available, providing guidance and best practices for deploying BlueData software on the HPE Elastic Platform for Analytics (EPA), a modular infrastructure foundation for scalable multi-tenant deployments with building blocks from HPE for compute, storage and networking.
Sony refreshes its EXTRA BASS™ wireless speaker line up
with the new GTK-XB72
high power speaker and it is now available in Malaysia at Sony Stores and all authorised dealers at RM1,499.
- Enhance every beat and boost your party with EXTRA BASS™
- Keep the celebration going in any location thanks to the easy to carry design and improved durability
- Create the perfect party atmosphere with the new lighting design and colours
May 7, 2019 - SG - Neural Technologies to demonstrate digital twin technology to leverage 5G networks
|Sony GTK-XB72 Wireless Speaker|
, a leading provider of Digital Transformation solutions, will demonstrate how digital twin technology can transform operators services at TM Forum Digital Transformation World
as part of the Digital Twins Catalyst project
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) currently face ever-increasing challenges of leveraging 5G networks and offering customers new types of services. To overcome this challenge, new digital technologies are required to automate complex business processes to provide customers with the new personalised service they expect in a fast-evolving, digital world.
A digital twin mirrors a physical counterpart to represent, predict and forecast its behaviour, enabling operators to make highly-informed business decisions
. The digital twin can also speed up product development cycles, save time and money and create new business models based on intelligent outcomes allowing CSPs to personalize the customer experience and meet their precise demands.
May 4, 2019 - Malaysia Esports Prepares For Bootcamp
The Grand Finals of Malaysian National Selections for SEA Games 2019
has come to an end and closed its curtains today at Central i-City Shah Alam.
Since its recognition as a medal sport in 2018 and under the leadership of Dato’ Ananth S.Nathan, ESM
have been working tirelessly to ensure that Malaysia produces a successful debut at the premier regional sporting event.
Six medals will be contested in esports for SEA Games 2019
and a single esports demonstration event will be held in the Philippines before the actual games. Five of the six game titles confirmed for SEA Games 2019 are Dota 2, Starcraft 2, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (MLBB), Arena of Valor (AOV), and Tekken 7. Malaysia wishes to take part in all five game titles and all slot selections are determined by Esports Malaysia, National Sports Council, and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
Malaysia Esports Bootcamp will be spearheaded by the National Sports Council of Malaysia, together with esports Malaysia and the Ministry of Youth and Sports. The first step is to gather selected esports athlete(s), game experts and industry players to prepare the best training regime for respective esports titles in the bootcamp. The bootcamp will begin in July / August 2019 for the upcoming SEA Games 2019 in Philippines
Malaysian National Esports Bootcamp Athletes For Sea Games 2019
: Kuala Lumpur
- Yoodo continues its momentum of “firsts” by becoming Malaysia’s first 100% digital mobile service with the launch of its embedded SIM (eSIM) capability, that will provide users with even greater efficiency, flexibility and convenience.
- Since its launch in 2018, Yoodo has racked up an impressive number of firsts including becoming Malaysia’s first truly customisable digital telco, offering up a first-of-its kind roaming plan – Roam Like Home that empowers users to utilise their personalised local plans broad; sponsorship of Malaysia’s first ever official PUBG MOBILE National Championship – now in its second edition; as well as announcing its first PUBG MOBILE competitive team, Yoodo Gank.
- Chow Tuck Mun, Head of Yoodo, the launch marks Malaysia’s first truly customisable mobile service and first truly digital mobile service.
- Yoodo has already offered a nearly seamless on-boarding process through their mobile app, which allows users to sign-up and register from the comfort of their own homes. Yoodo’s eSIM service now further increases this convenience, doing away with SIM delivery and encodes the SIM into the user’s mobile device allowing them to immediately subscribe and activate their Yoodo account.
- With Yoodo’s eSIM technology, users can scan a QR code sent directly to their email to get started on the service. Users won’t have to visit any retail stores for this and can enjoy the full Yoodo experience from the comfort of their own home or while on the go. No hassles, no wait time and no unnecessary effort. Through the eSIM, we are not only giving users a truly 100% digital telco experience but also true mobile freedom,
- Currently, the Yoodo eSIM technology is only available for iPhone and is not supported for Android. List of iPhones that supports eSim are as follows: iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. The Yoodo’s eSIM feature will be updated to be compatible with all eSIM-enabled devices.
- The eSIM is also good for travelers who would normally buy a local SIM card at foreign countries which may present security risks if the SIM card has been compromised. This is akin to inserting a pendrive infected with malwares into a PC.
- An eSIM service from trusted service provider such as this will be purely software based and will be secure because a transaction is carried out directly between the vendor and the consumer.
- An eSIM service is a good business model for telcos where the middleman layer is skinned therefore will help to improve profit margin.
Date : 2-May-2019
Location: Kuala Lumpur
- What is the link between blood glucose levels and yoga? Balance.
- High blood glucose among diabetics can lead to cardiovascular risks, while low blood sugar can cause seizures and other complications. Balance is paramount in yoga, whether one is doing the basic tree pose or performing more complicated routines.
- i-SENS, recently launched its CareSens Dual blood glucose and ß-ketone monitoring system in Malaysia with Jojo Struys, TV personality at her OhanaJo Studio.
- The dual function of CareSens will help diabetics achieve the right balance in checking their daily blood glucose and ketone levels. High levels of ketones in the bloodstream is a common complication of diabetes, which left untreated, can lead to ketoacidosis and even coma.
- Established in 2000, i-SENS is one of the top global players in the blood glucose monitoring market. Headquartered in South Korea, i-SENS has world-class medical production facilities and places heavy focus on research and development.
- The launch aimed to highlight the importance of a healthy lifestyle, as Malaysia now has the highest rate of diabetes in Asia. Based on statistics from National Diabetes Institute (NADI), the are over 2.5 million adults with diabetes in Malaysia. Furthermore, NADI’s data suggests that nearly half of Malaysians are unaware that they have diabetes.
- Professor Dr. Nor Azmi bin Kamaruddin, Head of Diabetes & Endocrinology, National University of Malaysia (UKM) Medical Centre, said that it is a common case where patients with Type 2 diabetes carry on with life without any symptoms until they experience a heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, go blind or require an amputation.
- Dr. Hakhyun Nam, President & Co-Founder of i-SENS, Inc., said i-SENS’ philosophy is always about making our customers’ lives healthier around the globe through technology
He said that the launch serves an example of public-private sector collaboration, where it helps to raise awareness of diabetes in a creative manner, reaching a larger audience.
- Jojo Struys, TV personality, OhanaJo Studio said she hopes the launch would inspire the public to embrace a balancing act for their physical, mental and emotional health.
CareSens Dual blood glucose and ß-ketone monitoring system
|(L-R): Dr. Hakhyun Nam, President & Co-Founder of i-SENS, Inc.; Jojo Struys, TV personality and founder of OhanaJo Studio; and Professor Dr. Nor Azmi bin Kamaruddin, Head of Diabetes & Endocrinology, National University of Malaysia (UKM) Medical Centre at the launch of the CareSens Dual blood glucose and ß-ketone monitoring system in Malaysia|
’s other USPs to make diabetes care easier include a large display & auto-backlight LCD screen
, beneficial for diabetic patients who often develop vision impairment.
Thanks to the system’s advanced technology, it provides fast and accurate reading with less blood sample required
. The device is innovated to be mobile, convenient and easy for diabetics to check their readings even on-the-go
. CareSens Dual features handy connectivity via the SmartLog app where data readings can be sent to the patients’ smartphone for a more comprehensive day-to-day monitoring.
|CareSens Dual Blood Glukose and Ketone Monitoring System|
The BGM system is imported by DCH Auriga
, a leading Asian pharmaceutical distribution company. CareSens Dual will be available at selected Guardian pharmacies nationwide from June 2019 onwards
- To maintain a balance lifestyle, one must find ways to monitor the health - there is no way to strike a balance without knowing the current status which requires data and to do that, one must have the ability to monitor and to fine-tune based on the result.
- For your info, Apple Watch Series 4 has a built-in optical heart sensor and an electrical heart sensor which allows users to take ECG anytime and anywhere.
- The hope is to monitor your blood Glucose and Ketone levels in order to strike a balance between food intake and energy consumption.
More Recent Articles