The public and the media are invited to the ceremony to mark the release of the Ellis Island quarter, the 39th coin in the United States Mint’s America the Beautiful Quarters Program. The event, which will take place Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017, at 11 a.m (Eastern), includes a coin exchange of $10 rolls of newly minted Ellis Island quarters after the ceremony. Barbara Fox, designer of the quarter’s reverse, will be available for interviews before the ceremony. The following will be present at the event:
- Todd Baldau, senior advisor, United States Mint
- John Hnedak, deputy superintendent, Statue of Liberty National Monument and Ellis Island
- Zach McCue, projects director for U.S. Senator Cory Booker
- Erica Daughtrey, communications director for U.S. Congressman Albio Sires
- Dave Krolak, master of ceremonies
- Janis Calella, president, Save Ellis Island
The ceremony will take place in the flagpole...